Saturday 23 January 2010

Saturday 23rd January - Bootcar is back

Miss R and I woke early this morning - both excited about what our first car boot of 2010 would hold for us!  We have both been experiencing withdrawal symptoms after lack of car boot action over the Christmas holidays and with all the snow and ice etc etc!  It's crazy how addictive our weekend adventures have become.  The annual January detox is going well and it makes getting up at ridiculous o'clock on a Saturday morning in the hope of finding discarded treasure so much easier when you are not hungover from the night before, or worse - still tipsy!!  On this damp grey morning in London, I found lots of things that made leaving the comfort of my bed worthwhile.  Ok, onto today's finds....

Before...
After...
Vintage Hallmarked Silver Fish Knife and Fork Set £5.  I only really wanted the large serving knife which I will use as a cake slice as I love baking (and am vegetarian) - it is so pretty with the engraving on the knife plate.  I knew they would come up lovely with a bit of silvo, just like Miss R's success with her ever growing vintage cutlery collection (see Saturday 24th October post).

Miss R and I collect these Amaretti Virginia Tins in various designs and sizes,  50p - I will use to house the cutlery above.

These french novels have such beautiful covers and spines, and one is called Bijou! Maybe one day I will be able to read them too? £5

Before... (hideous faux flower arrangement inside glass bell jar) £1
After... delightful new home for my Boudicca WODE paint perfume!
Bought by: Miss J


 

No comments:

Post a Comment