Monday 15 August 2011

Saturday Supper Club...

On Saturday Miss R and myself surprised our gorgeous friend Aimee with a little birthday inspired supper club chez Miss J.  Balloons, check.  Birthday banner, check. Food flags, check.  Everything came together really well, total team twin-star effort! I made a box of my new florentine-esque chocolates {sour cherry, toasted flaked almonds & sea salt as well as organic fig, toasted pistachio & sea salt} for the birthday girl which seemed to go down well. I wrapped a couple up for Miss R to take away, she is my chief taster after all! A party, even a very small intimate affair is not a birthday party without a party bag {see candy stripe parcel below}.  Our spread of vegetarian delights included egg mayo {mine and Miss R's favourite thing in the world, with eggs courtesy of my darling intern's chickens} on charcoal crackers with cress and a new invention of mine; a beetroot, carrot and mixed toasted seed slaw.  Instead of birthday cake, dessert was pistachio gelato, dark chocolate dipped strawberries and Miss R's incredible pistachio brittle which has to be tasted to be believed, it could literally elevate any ice cream flavour, oh and a couple of candles to make a wish!

 ...oh yes, Mr B found a new happy place lying on my bed!

Posted by: Miss J

No comments:

Post a Comment