Friday 19 August 2011

Very Violet...

Violet.  Not only do I love the scent and intense purple colour of these beautiful flowers, it is also near the top of my list of baby names for when I get all grown up and maybe / hopefully have alittle girl one day {need to bag a man first}.  I am also pretty partial to a Violet infused glass of sparkling / macaroon / chocolate.  Penhaligon's Violetta is also a gorgeous embodiment of of this flower, the bottle is so pretty too. Anyway, I digress.  Question? What do you get when you cross seriously sexy Lara Stone with a bed of violets?  The answer = Tom Ford's ad campaign for his new scent 'Violet Blonde'.  So like myself, monsieur Ford is also very into Violet as well as Ricardo Tisci who adorned an assortment of his A/W 2011 collection for Givenchy with this variety of flower, I think they could be THE fleur of the forthcoming season. 

Givenchy A/W 2011-12
{images - www.style.com}

...also thought I would throw in a bit of vintage Courtney Love into this post with Hole's video 'Violet' {tenuous link I know!} below - enjoy!

Posted by: Miss J

No comments:

Post a Comment