Monday 19 September 2011

Cleopatra, coming at ya...

So with a very sore head and not much of a spring in my step I managed to leave my flat and make it to the Unique show at LFW this yesterday afternoon {had problems uploading the video so this post was delayed - my Mac is definitely on the way out!}.  Not bad after copious amounts of Sauvignon Blanc at our birthday drinks that saw me rolling in at 4am {not big or indeed clever}. I was very pleased I did.  Not only was I on time, I was also treated to Anna Wintour's dramatic entrance, complete with driver semi mounting the curb and her being ushered inside by burly security men as the paps and street style snappers went crazy.  Also in attendance on the FROW were a very dapper Hamish Bowles, ADR {fashion heroine} looking fabulous in a white trouser suit and white trilby with matching feather {top-to-toe Tom Ford no less}, Suzy Menkes and Julia Restoin-Roitfeld.  On the pop star/celebrity front Kelis chatting to Nicola Roberts, Pixie Geldof and blogger Susie Bubble as well as some very stylish fashion folk to boot.  The standout pieces for me were the iconic Elizabeth Taylor B&W print sweats, gold gold gold accessories, winged footwear, hieroglyphic hip-hop prints and gold foil on knits, turquoise satin{sounds so wrong but was actually right} and the pale pink pieces. I wasn't seated so didn't have a close up view of the collection but I did manage to shoot this video of the finale - enjoy!
Loving this gold leafed slick back hair, totally want to try that out...
...and how could I miss this lucky lady rocking THE Burberry biker that I was lusting after all of last season - HOT!

Posted by: Miss J

No comments:

Post a Comment