Sunday 4 September 2011

Rice Paper Roll Off...

Miss R invited me to her flat ce soir to make rice paper rolls. When I arrived she had prepped everything beautifully, showing off her knife skills with an array of wafer thin sliced vegetables.  As usual Mr R and myself got into our typical roles of competitive brother and sister pretty quickly and so we had a couple of practice attempts to perfect our rolling technique and enjoy these delicious little parcels before we let the judging commence!


The ingredients:

Works in progress:
 Miss J's
 Miss R's
Mr R's

ROUND 1:
 Mr R's 
Miss R's
Miss J's

ROUND 2:
 Mr R's - an actual fish with carrot beach and mange tout palm tree!
 Miss J's
Miss R's - note the cucumber curls and mange tout pea topping, very clever!

and the winner is... Mr R for his amaze fish - truely inspired, Miss R was a definite close 2nd though and I think I obviously need to raise my game for next time! 

Posted by: Miss J

No comments:

Post a Comment