Wednesday 5 October 2011

Paint it White - Chanel vs. Louis Vuitton S/S 2012 show sets ...

Everyone who has ever visited my flat knows that I love an all white interior!  I went though a phase a few years ago of buying various vintage furniture, tables, chairs etc and painting them all with silk white emulsion.  I have even taken the paint brush to a leather chesterfield with pretty successful results! My reasoning was that you could have various styles / era's that sit together really well as they all share the same 'colour'.  A way of mixing more modern perspex pieces together with say Louis XVI style things and making them work.  Miss R used to joke if anyone sat for long enough I would paint them white too, if it can't move it gets white washed! Anyway it seems that Mr Lagerfeld and Mr Jacobs are both fans of an all white interior too if their S/S 2012 show sets are anything to go by.  Yesterday at Chanel the set was an all white underwater extraordinaire and this morning at Louis Vuitton a fairground carousel came alive with models lounging on all white horses {some even styled with monogrammed blankets for comfort no less}.  I have always been a little alot obsessed with vintage carousels and fairground rides, so you can imagine my delight at what the LV team created at what is much rumoured to be Marc's last show at the luxury brand.  His face when he took his bow spoke volumes. The fashion carousel continues...

Chanel S/S 2012 'What the water gave me' show set

Louis Vuitton S/S 2012 Carousel show set
Posted by: Miss J

No comments:

Post a Comment